Guide to the User Consent Screen
Consent is fundamental to user trust in the internet economy and for compliance with data protection laws around the world that are strongly influenced by the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This requires that data controllers and processors obtain explicit consent from end users before collecting and processing of personal data can take place.
To foster trust and ensure compliance, Smile Identity has built a consent screen: a step in your onboarding UX that is embedded in our mobile and hosted web SDKs. The screen lays out the data that will be processed, explains for what purpose, and explicitly asks the user if she consents to sharing that data.
Specifically, Smile Identity gathers consent through these five steps:
- 1.States upfront that you want to access the user’s personal information
- 2.Explains the purpose for processing that data
- 4.For the avoidance of doubt, restates explicitly what the user is consent to by clicking “allow”
- 5.Offers an “allow” button: by calling to action, this button enables the user to give her consent and sends her to the next step of her onboarding journey
Smile Identity builds the consent screen for you: all you must do is integrate any of our mobile SDKs or hosted web integration to have it available, comply with data privacy, and strengthen trust!
That said, there is some information we require to ensure the screen is tailor-made for you.
- 1.Your logo, so it’s immediately clear to the user who they are consenting to
- 2.Your name: either your product name or company name
- 3.The identity type that returns the information the user consents for you to access. For example, the passport, BVN, driver’s license or voter ID